What is an Arizona LLC?
Arizona LLC or Arizona Limited Liability Company is a business formation registered with the State of Arizona Division of Corporations. The Arizona Limited Liability Company is similar to the Arizona Corporation. The LLC is a hybrid of a Corporation and a Limited Partnership. This business structure in Arizona is more commonly used than a Corporation for small business owners and investors.
Arizona LLC Requirements
- Arizona Articles of Organization.
- State Filing Fee of $50 ($85 with expediting).
- A Registered Agent located in Arizona. See our service here.
Arizona LLC Structure
AZ Limited Liability Companies are structured legally with the Arizona Articles of Organization. Like many states, the document for an LLC is short and simple.
The required information to be listed:
- Entity Type
- Arizona LLC Name
- Statutory Agent
- Business Address
The Articles of Organization support two types of filings. You can elect to have the formation be a Limited Liability Company or a Professional Arizona Limited Liability Company.
Arizona LLC Name
A name for the Arizona LLC is required for filing a new LLC In Arizona. The exact name of the Limited Liability Company must contain the words “Limited Liability Company” or “LLC”. The Professional LLC can have the words “Professional Limited Liability Company” or “ PLLC”. A filing will be rejected without this.
The address of the required Statutory Agent is to be listed on the Articles of Organization for an Arizona LLC. The agent may also have an additional mailing address listed. Form M002 must be submitted with the Articles of Organization. This is the acceptance of agent service by the Statutory Agent that you hire for the required service.
A KPB or Known Place of Business will be registered on the Articles of Organization for your new Arizona LLC. This address can be the same address as your Statutory Agent or another address of your choosing. You can not list a PO Box for your KPB.
The life of an Arizona Limited Liability Company is automatically set to perpetual. If you want the life of the LLC to end on a specific date, that is an option.
You have two choices when it comes to management and an Arizona LLC. You will need to fill out an additional form for either choice.
Manager Managed: Form L040
Member Managed: Form L041
|Arizona LLC Facts|
|Formation Document||Articles of Organization|
|Our Fee||$345 (includes statutory agent)|
|Government Agency||Arizona Corporation Commission|
How to File an Arizona LLC
Steps in forming an Arizona LLC:
- Choose an Arizona LLC Name. When you form an LLC in Arizona, you must select a name that meets the standards of state law. The name cannot already be registered in the state of Arizona.
- File Articles of Organization. To form an LLC in Arizona, you file Articles of Organization with the Arizona Corporation Commission. There is a $50 filing fee and a $35 expediting fee. Include a Cover Sheet and either a Manager Structure Attachment or a Member Structure Attachment, depending upon your management organization.
- Appoint Statutory Agent. Every business in Arizona must appoint an Arizona statutory agent to accept service of process and legal business mail. A statutory agent must have a physical street location in the state, not a PO box.
- Publication Requirement. After you form an LLC in Arizona, the ACC will send you a letter of approval with instructions for publishing a notification of publication. A.R.S. § 29-635 requires a publication notice to be printed in a public newspaper within 60 days of ACC approval. Publication must run for three weeks.
- Write Operating Agreement. How an LLC operates is governed by its operating agreement. An operating agreement is an internal document that outlines the ownership of the LLC and how the business will run.
- Open Business Accounts. An Arizona LLC will need its own business bank accounts to process monetary transactions.
To form an LLC in Arizona, you must submit three documents to the Arizona Corporation Commission: Articles of Organization, a Cover Sheet, and either a Manager Structure or Member Structure Attachment. Your statutory agent must also submit to you a Statutory Agent Acceptance, which should be included with the Articles of Organization for a new Arizona Limited Liability Company.
All documents must be included. Leaving out a document will lead to the filing being rejected.
After your application is accepted, the Arizona Corporation Commission will send a letter of approval. You must publish a notification of publication in a public Arizona newspaper for three weeks. The ACC maintains a list of newspapers where you can publish your notification.
How to Start an Arizona LLC
Arizona LLC Annual Report
Arizona LLCs do not have to file an annual report. This can save time and money over an Arizona Corporation. The Corporation in Arizona must file an annual report.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions to Form Your Arizona LLC?
Starting your LLC in Arizona shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting an LLC in Arizona super easy.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Arizona LLC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Arizona LLC comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC in Arizona and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55 a year.