Maryland Resident Agent
Maryland Registered Agent Service
A Maryland Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Maryland LLC or Maryland Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Maryland. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Maryland business will take them to your Maryland Registered Agents official office in Maryland.
Maryland Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Maryland. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Maryland Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Maryland office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Maryland
- Instant Maryland Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your filing solutions portal. There you’ll find all State Department of Assessments and Taxation
Charter Division PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If filing with the Maryland SOC online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Maryland registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. And as you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Maryland registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you want less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of commercial clerk filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our registered agent service in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Maryland yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Maryland Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Maryland
Hire a New Maryland Resident Agent: Your first step is selecting a new service to represent your company. Once you have established a new agent, you are ready to file with the State.
- File a Resolution to Change: To change your Maryland resident agent, you file a Resolution to Change Principal Office or Resident Agent form. This is submitted to the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation. There is a $25 charge for processing this document.
- Wait for Processing: Typical processing time can take up to eight weeks or more. Expedite processing is available for an additional $50. Faxed and mailed documents opting for expediting will receive a response within seven business days. Hand-delivered filings can be processed the same day to change Maryland resident agent.
|Filing Form||Resolution to Change Principal Office or Resident Agent|
|Processing Time||8 Weeks|
How Do I Request Expedite Processing?
By mail and fax, you should write Expedite Service Requested atop both a cover letter and the envelope (in the case of mailed filings). You must include additional payment. Payment can only be accepted by mail in the form of a check or money order. For faxed filings, only Visa or Mastercard are accepted.
You can hand-deliver the filing and request expedited processing. In-person processing can only be paid for by check.
Why Change Maryland Resident Agent?
- Reliable Compliance Monitoring: Corporate Filing Solutions offers the fastest, most efficient compliance tracking system in the industry. We use sophisticated software to monitor all of your compliance deadlines and contact you months before due dates.
- Swift Document Delivery: We upload your documents the day they enter our local Maryland office. You are notified immediately and can instantly access your documents from your secure online account, anytime, anywhere.
- Secure Data Network: Our national digital network was built from the ground up with one thing in mind: the integrity of your private data. Your security is our guiding focus.
Does Changing My Resident Agent Change the Address Where My Personal Property Annual Report Form Will Be Mailed?
No. Every year, businesses are required to file a Personal Property Annual Report. To change the address where your annual form will be mailed, you must send a letter to the Personal Property Division informing them of the change. You must include both your new and old addresses, as well as your Department ID number.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Maryland Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Maryland shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Maryland super easy with our Maryland Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Maryland LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Maryland LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Maryland and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Maryland Registered Agent FAQ
Maryland Resident Agent FAQ
As your Maryland resident agent, we accept legal correspondence, such as service of process (notice of litigation), on behalf of your company. When these documents arrive at our Maryland registered office, we accept them, notify you, and scan them into your digital client account for you to access immediately.
This service ensures that your business is always aware of impending litigation, as well as official notifications from the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
A Maryland resident agent is appointed when you form a domestic business, such as an LLC or corporation, or register a foreign (out-of-state) company with the Department of Assessments and Taxation. You can make the appointment on the following forms:
- Maryland LLC: Articles of Organization
- Maryland Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
- Foreign Businesses: Foreign Qualification/Registration Application
A Maryland resident agent may be any of the following:
- An individual resident of Maryland whose business office is identical with the registered office
- A corporation authorized to transact business in the state with a business office identical to the registered office
There is no difference between a resident agent and a registered agent. These are different terms for the same service.
Yes. You can designate yourself as your own Maryland resident agent, but only if you fulfill all of the legal requirements laid out by state law.
- Be a Maryland resident
- Have a physical address within the state (your registered office)
- Keep regular business hours
- Accept service of process and legal correspondence
Many business owners find it difficult to maintain these requirements. It is essential that a resident agent in Maryland have a physical office where certified mail can be delivered during regular business hours throughout the year. This is a challenge for many entrepreneurs, especially those who operate primarily online.
Failure to maintain a resident agent is a violation of state law. Your business can be administratively dissolved by the Department of Assessments and Taxation for not maintaining your Maryland registered agent.
If your Maryland resident agent resigns, you legally have 10 days in which to designate a new registered agent. After 10 days, if you have not appointed a new agent, your company can be administratively dissolved by the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
MD Code, Corporations and Associations 2-108
(a) Each Maryland corporation shall have:
(1) A principal office in this State; and
(2) At least one resident agent who shall be either:
(i) A citizen of this State who resides here; or
(ii) A Maryland corporation
State Department of Assessments and Taxation
301 W Preston Street: 8th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201-2395