Hawaii Registered Agent

Hawaii Registered Agent Service

A Hawaii Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Hawaii LLC or Hawaii Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Hawaii. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Hawaii business will take them to your Hawaii Registered Agents official office in Hawaii.

Hawaii Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Hawaii. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Hawaii Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:

  • Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
  • Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
  • How often do you want annual report notifications?
  • What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
  • Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
  • Want to receive mail at our office?

A Real Solution

At our Corporate Filing Solutions Hawaii office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.


Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Hawaii

  • Instant Hawaii Registered Agent ServiceSign up online and get instant access to your Filing Solutions Portal.  There you’ll find all Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If filing with the HI DCCA online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
  • You Choose Payment Frequency
    When you hire us as your Hawaii registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. As you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:

Registered Agent Packages

1 Year $95 Per Year $95 Total
2 Years $85 Per Year $170 Total
3 Years $75 Per Year $225 Total
4 Years $65 Per Year $260 Total
5 Years $55 Per Year $275 Total
Get a Registered Agent
  • Instant Documents
    We scan all your service of process and legal documents that arrive at our Hawaii registered office to you the same day.
  • No Additional Fees
    The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding or processing. You can pay for many years upfront if you desire less invoicing.
  • Consolidation Made Simple
    We always file your change of registered agent filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our services anywhere in the US. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
  • We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
    We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms utilize.
  • Ongoing Support
    We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Hawaii yourself. Our goal is to make corporate filing easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal, and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
  • Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
    You can enter your corporate information a single time in your Filing Solutions Portal and then generate any corporate filing you need: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates, and much more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to complete and submit.


Change Hawaii Registered Agent

Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Hawaii

  1. Fill Out and File Statement of Change. To change your registered agent in Hawaii, you file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Entity (Form X-7). This form is filed with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. You can submit the form by mail, fax, hand-delivery or online.
  2. Pay Filing Fee. There is a $25 filing fee. The fee is non-refundable. Checks should be made payable to: Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. Dishonored checks will result in an additional $25 fee.
  3. Await Processing. Hawaii filings generally take three to five days. You can expedite the filing for an additional $25, and the filing will be processed within one to three days. Mailed filings normally take longer to process, often between one and two weeks.
The Form Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Entity (Form X-7)
The Fee $25
Filing Agency Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
Processing Time 1 to 2 Weeks (mail)
Expedite Yes ($25 for one to three day processing)

How Do I Change My Registered Agent Online?

You can change your registered agent in Hawaii online in Hawaii by forming a Hawaii Business Express (HBE) account and using the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs QuickFile system. Once you register your business through HBE, you will be able to file all business documents online. Change Hawaii registered agent with CFS today!


Who Must Sign the Statement of Change?

If you are not filing online, someone must sign your Statement of Change form.

For corporations, the Form X-7 must be signed by at least one officer of the corporation.

For LLCs, the filing must be signed and certified by at least one manager of a manager-managed company or by at least one member of a member-managed company.


If I Have More Than One Entity Affected By This Change, Do I Pay $25 for Each Entity?

The filing fee is $25 for each affected entity up to 200 entities. If the change affects 201 entities or more, the filing fee is $1 per entity.


Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Hawaii Registered Agent Service?

Starting your LLC or Corporation in Hawaii shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Hawaii super easy with our Hawaii Registered Agent service.

Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Hawaii LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Hawaii LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.

Start your LLC Or Corporation in Hawaii and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.


Hawaii Registered Agent FAQ

What Does a Hawaii Registered Agent Do?

As your Hawaii registered agent, we accept service of process (notice of a lawsuit) on behalf of your business, as well as other official business mail. When we receive these documents, we upload them immediately into your digital account and instantly notify you that they are ready for viewing.

Our responsibility as your registered agent in Hawaii is to help ensure that your business maintains good standing and compliance with the HI Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.

Is a Registered Agent Required By Hawaii Law?

Yes. The Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 2 Business 414-61 requires that a business entity continuously maintain a Hawaii registered agent. You cannot form or register a business in the state without one.

Who Can Serve As a Hawaii Registered Agent?

Hawaii Revised Statutes allow the following to act as a Hawaii registered agent:

  • An individual residing in the state
  • A domestic entity authorized to transact business in the state
  • A foreign entity authorized to transact business in the state
Legal Requirements of a Hawaii Registered Agent

Every Hawaii registered agent is required by law to fulfill the following duties:

  • Maintain a registered office in the state with a physical address
  • Keep regular business hours
  • Accept service of process and legal correspondence on behalf of clients
  • Contact clients when documents are accepted at the registered office
  • Forward documents to clients in a timely manner
What Is a Hawaii Commercial Registered Agent?

Hawaii makes a distinction between commercial and non-commercial registered agents. Both types of agents provide the same duties. However, a commercial registered agent is a professional business that provides registered agent service to a wide range of clients and has registered with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs to do so.

A non-commercial registered agent generally provides service for only a single or few businesses and does not offer this service as a main component of its business.

CFS is a commercial registered agent in Hawaii.

What If My Hawaii Registered Agent Resigns?

If your Hawaii registered agent resigns, you have 31 days in which to designate a new registered agent. After a period of 31 days, your company will be in violation of state law and can be administratively dissolved by the DCCA.

How Do I Change My Hawaii Registered Agent?

You can change your Hawaii registered agent at any time by filing a Statement of Change with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. There is a $25 filing fee to submit and process this document.

Read the Hawaii State Statute

Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 2. Business 414-61

Each corporation shall continuously maintain in this State a registered agent, who shall have a business address in this State and may be:

(1) An individual who resides in this State;

(2) A domestic entity authorized to transact business or conduct affairs in this State;  or

(3) A foreign entity authorized to transact business or conduct affairs in this State.

Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Contact


Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
Business Registration Division
335 Merchant Street
PO Box 40
Honolulu, HI 96810

Phone: 808-586-2727