Pennsylvania Registered Agent
Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service
A Pennsylvania Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Pennsylvania LLC or Pennsylvania Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Pennsylvania. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Pennsylvania business will take them to your Pennsylvania Registered Agents official office in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Pennsylvania. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Pennsylvania Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Pennsylvania office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Pennsylvania
- Instant Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to you Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all Pennsylvania Bureau of Corporations and Charitable OrganizationsPDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If you are filing with the PA BCCO online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Pennsylvania registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. As you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance:Registered Agent Packages
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Pennsylvania registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you want less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of commercial clerk filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our registered agent service in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Pennsylvania yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service
Steps to Change Pennsylvania Registered Agent:
- Hire a New Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service. To change your Pennsylvania registered agent service (or change your Pennsylvania commercial registered office provider) you will first need to hire a new registered agent service. Corporate Filing Solutions can offer your business Pennsylvania commercial registered office provider service for $99 per year.
- File a Change of Registered Office Form. The official document to change a Pennsylvania registered agent is called a Change of Registered Office form. This form can be used by both corporations and LLCs. It can be filed online, or you can submit a paper copy to the Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations. The filing fee is $5.
- Wait for Processing and Approval. The Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations processes business documents within eight business days. There are no expedite options available, but you can submit the form online, which generally increases processing time.
|The Form to File||Change of Registered Office|
|Filing Agency||Bureau of Corporations & Charitable Organizations|
|Filing Time||8 Business Days|
Can I Hand-write My Pennsylvania Change of Registered Office Form?
Yes. Handwritten documents will be accepted, but the Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations prefers typewritten documents. Handwritten submissions must be completed legibly in blue or black ink.
Checks should be made payable to: Department of State.
Can a Foreign Corporation or LLC Submit a Change Pennsylvania Registered Agent Form?
No. Foreign entities that want to change a Pennsylvania registered agent must do so by filing an Amendment of Foreign Registration. The Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations will not accept a Change of Registered Office form from a foreign corporation or foreign LLC.
Do I Have to List My New Pennsylvania Registered Agent’s Address?
No. You need to list your new Pennsylvania commercial registered office provider’s exact name and the county of the Commonwealth in which they reside. The Department of State already keeps the addresses of commercial registered office providers on file.
Which Entities Can File This Form?
The following domestic entities can file a Change of Registered Office form:
- Nonprofit Corporation
- Limited Partnership
- Limited Liability Limited Partnership
Foreign entities cannot file this form to change a Pennsylvania registered agent.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Pennsylvania shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Pennsylvania super easy with our Pennsylvania Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Pennsylvania LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Pennsylvania LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Pennsylvania and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Pennsylvania Registered Agent FAQ
The purpose of a Pennsylvania registered agent service is to guarantee that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania can always reliably contact a business entity. This is critical in the event of legal action being brought against a company.
When litigation is brought against a company, the Commonwealth needs to ensure that the business can be reached and informed of the impending legal action. But not all businesses have physical offices, and many others are not physically located within the Commonwealth at all. Thus, every entity must have a Pennsylvania registered agent and a registered office location where service of process can be delivered.
A Pennsylvania registered agent service is designated on your company’s formation documents, which are filed with the PA Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations.
A registered agent is appointed on the following documents:
- PA Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
- PA Limited Liability Company: Certificate of Organization
- Foreign Corporation Registering in PA: Foreign Registration Statement
- Foreign LLC Qualifying in PA: Foreign Registration Statement
When designating a commercial registered office provider, you are only required to list the name of the registered agent service and the county in which the provider resides. You are not required to list their physical address. The registered agent’s address will already be on file.
Registered agent is the most common term used to describe our service, but this same service is known by a number of different names in various states:
- Registered Agent
- Resident Agent
- Agent for Service of Process
- Commercial Registered Office Provider
- Commercial Registered Agent
All of these terms refer to the exact same service. No matter what it is called, the duties and responsibilities of the agent you appoint are the same.
A Pennsylvania registered agent must be one of the following:
- An individual resident of the Commonwealth
- A domestic corporation, partnership or other association
- A qualified foreign corporation, partnership of other association
A Pennsylvania registered agent service must fulfill the following duties:
- Continuously maintain a physical street location within the Commonwealth, called a registered office.
- Keep regular business hours so as to accept service of process.
- Accept service of process and official business documents on behalf of clients.
- Contact clients when documents are accepted.
- Forward all documents to clients in a reasonable time frame.
Yes, as long as you meet the above requirements. Many business owners find it difficult to meet these standards, either because they do not have a physical office location or they do not keep regular business hours (taking a vacation violates “regular business hours”). Other entrepreneurs work from home and do not want their home address listed in the public record.
It is important to understand all of the legal ramifications of acting as a registered agent before appointing yourself as your own representative.
A Pennsylvania registered agent service can be changed by filing a Change of Registered Office form. This form must be filed with the PA Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations. There is a $5 filing fee. The form can be submitted by mail or online.
§ 1507. Registered office.
(a) General rule.–Every business corporation shall have and continuously maintain in this Commonwealth a registered office which may, but need not, be the same as its place of business.
(b) Statement of change of registered office.–After incorporation, a change of the location of the registered office may be authorized at any time by the board of directors. Before the change of location becomes effective, the corporation either shall amend its articles under the provisions of this subpart to reflect the change in location or shall file in the Department of State a statement of change of registered office executed by the corporation setting forth:
(1) The name of the corporation.
(2) The address, including street and number, if any, of its then registered office.
(3) The address, including street and number, if any, to which the registered office is to be changed.
(4) A statement that the change was authorized by the board of directors.
Pennsylvania Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations
401 North Street Room 206
Harrisburg, PA 17120