New Jersey Registered Agent
New Jersey Registered Agent Service
How Corporate Filing Solutions Makes New Jersey Registered Agent Service Easy:
- Instant New Jersey Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If filing with the NJ DRES online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your New Jersey registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. And as you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
Registered Agent Packages 1 Year $95 Per Year $95 Total 2 Years $85 Per Year $170 Total 3 Years $75 Per Year $225 Total 4 Years $65 Per Year $260 Total 5 Years $55 Per Year $275 Total Get a Registered Agent
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents we get at our New Jersey registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you desire as minimal invoicing interaction as possible.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of registered agent filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our services in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade filings portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional commercial grade tools that specialized corporate lawyers use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in New Jersey yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you leave off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filings Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do; from formation, registration, annual reports, to meeting minutes, operating agreements, or stock certificates and have instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or easily hand it off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Customized Registered Agent Service in New Jersey
We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your registered agent service experience, and the odds are your Filing Solutions Portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions New Jersey office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name. Making corporate filings easy isn’t just our wheelhouse, it’s literally our domain.
New Jersey Registered Agent FAQ
A New Jersey registered agent is responsible for accepting service of process, legal correspondence, and other official state notifications on behalf of your business. When these documents are accepted at our registered office, we upload them into your online account and notify you immediately that you have documents ready to view.
Registered agent service ensures that your business can be reliably contacted by state agencies and the court system.
Yes. The New Jersey Revised Statutes require that any business entity authorized to do business in the state must maintain a New Jersey registered agent. You cannot form a business in the state or register a foreign company in NJ without a registered agent.
A New Jersey registered agent is appointed when you form a domestic company, such as an LLC or corporation, or register a foreign business to transact business in the state.
All businesses (domestic and foreign) in New Jersey must file a Business Registration Application in order to form or register a company.
Failure to maintain a registered agent is a violation of state law. If you fail to have a registered agent, your company will be dissolved by the Division of Revenue.
The New Jersey Revised Statutes set out who can act as a registered agent in New Jersey:
- An individual resident 18 years or older
- A domestic or foreign corporation authorized to transact business within the state
All registered agents must maintain a registered office in New Jersey: a physical address where certified mail can be delivered (a PO box is not sufficient).
If your New Hampshire registered agent resigns, state law allows you 30 days in which to appoint a new registered agent. After this 30 day period, your company will be in violation of the law if you do not have a new agent. Your business can be administratively dissolved for not having a registered agent.
Yes, you can serve as your own registered agent. However, you must fulfill all of the legal requirements:
- Be an individual resident of the state
- Maintain a registered office in New Jersey
- Have a NJ mailing address
- Keep regular business hours
- Accept service of process
Many business owners find it difficult to meet these requirements. Something as simple as taking a few weeks off for a holiday violates these requirements, as you must be available to accept service of process during regular business hours.
Those working from home or whose business is primarily online also may find it economically unfeasible to maintain a registered office.
14A:4-1. Registered office and registered agent
(1) Every corporation organized for any purpose under any general or special law of this State and every foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this State shall continuously maintain a registered office in this State, and a registered agent having a business office identical with such registered office.
(2) The registered office may be, but need not be, the same as a place of business of the corporation which it serves.
(3) The registered agent may be a natural person of the age of 18 years or more, or a domestic corporation or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this State, whether or not any such agent corporation is organized for a purpose or purposes for which a corporation may be organized under this act.
NJ Department of Revenue
PO Box 252
Trenton, NJ 08646-0252