Missouri Registered Agent
Missouri Registered Agent Service
A Missouri Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Missouri LLC or Missouri Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Missouri. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Missouri business will take them to your Missouri Registered Agents official office in Missouri.
Missouri Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Missouri. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Missouri Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Missouri office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Missouri
- Instant Missouri Registered Agent Service
When you sign up online you get instant access to our Filing Solutions Portal. There you can find every Missouri Secretary of State Corporations Divisionform ready to use. The forms are pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by step instructions on completing filings on your own directly with the state. If filing with the MO SOS online, we prompt you through the online process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Missouri registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. As you can see below, we charge less if you purchase more years of service in advance. Take a look:
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Missouri registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you want less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of commercial clerk filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our registered agent service in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Missouri yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Missouri Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Missouri
- To change Missouri registered agent, you file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office. Submit this document to the Missouri Secretary of State Corporations Division. There is a $10 filing fee which must accompany the filing.
- Documents can be filed online, which is the fastest way for processing. Paper filings generally take up to a week to process. When the Statement of Change has been approved, you should see an update of your information on the Secretary of State website.
Change Missouri Registered Agent Facts
|Filing Document||Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office|
|Filing Agency||Missouri Corporations Division|
|Processing Time||1 Week (immediate online)|
If My Missouri Registered Agent Resigns, How Long Do I Have to Get a New Agent?
A Missouri registered agent may resign their duties at any time by filing a written notice of resignation with the Secretary of State and with you, the client. You have 30 days after receiving this notice to appoint a new Missouri registered agent.
When I Change My Missouri Registered Agent, Can I Appoint an LLC?
No. Missouri Revised Statutes Section 351.370.1 authorizes you to designate either an individual resident of the State or a corporation as your Missouri registered agent, not an LLC.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Missouri Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Missouri shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Missouri super easy with our Missouri Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Missouri LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Missouri LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Missouri and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Missouri Registered Agent FAQ
A Missouri registered agent must continuously maintain a registered office in the state of Missouri. The registered office cannot be a post office box. It must be a physical street address. At the registered office, the Missouri registered agent must accept service of process on behalf of clients. When documents are accepted, the agent must contact the client and forward the document to them in a timely manner.
A Missouri registered agent can be appointed on the following documents:
A Missouri registered agent must abide by the law set out in the Missouri Revised Statutes Section 351.370.1. An agent must maintain a registered office within the state, which must be a physical street address, not a PO box. The registered office must be kept open during regular business hours throughout the year. Agents must accept service of process and legal correspondence on behalf of clients, and when documents are accepted, clients must be contacted. Documents must be forwarded to clients in a timely manner.
Yes, you may appoint yourself as your own registered agent in Missouri. However, in order to do so, you must comply with the state legal requirements listed above: you must have a registered office with a street address, maintain regular business hours throughout the year (no vacations or extended holidays), and accept all service of process.
No. You must have the consent of the registered agent.
Missouri Revised Statutes Section 351.370.1 authorizes the following to act as a registered agent in Missouri:
- An individual resident of the state whose business office is identical to the registered office
- A corporation authorized to transact business in Missouri with a business office identical to the registered office
You may change your Missouri registered agent at any time. This can be done by filing a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office. This form is submitted to the Corporations Division. A $10 filing fee must accompany the filing.
If your Missouri registered agent resigns, the law allows you 30 days to appoint a new registered agent. After 30 days, you are in violation of the law and can be penalized by the Secretary of State Corporations Division.
347.030. 1. Each limited liability company shall have and continuously maintain in this state:
(1) A registered office which may be, but need not be, the same as a place of its business in this state;
(2) A registered agent for service of any process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to be served upon the limited liability company, which agent may be either an individual, resident of this state, whose business office is identical with such registered office, or a domestic or foreign corporation authorized to do business in this state, and whose business office is identical with such registered office. Except as provided in this section and subdivision (5) of section 347.153, the secretary shall not be appointed as the resident agent for any limited liability company.
P.O. Box 778
Jefferson City, MO 65102
600 W Main St.
Missouri State Information Center, Room 322
Jefferson City, MO 65101-0778