Missouri LLC Foreign Qualification
Missouri LLC Foreign Qualification Information
Steps to Qualifying a Foreign LLC in Missouri:
- Choosing a Name: Before you register a foreign LLC in Missouri, you need to choose a name to do business under within the state. This can be any name, whether or not it is the name under which you’ve registered in your home state, as long as the name is compliant with Missouri state law. You must select a name that is not already on file with the Secretary of State. You can check for availabilities by conducting a business name search on the SOS website.
- Filing an Application for Registration: To qualify a foreign LLC in Missouri, you file an Application for Registration of a Foreign LLC. This document is submitted to the Missouri Corporations Division, along with a $105 fee (plus a 2.15% credit card fee if filed online). A current Certificate of Good Standing from your home state must accompany this filing.State law also requires you to appoint a Missouri registered agent, which is done on the Application. A registered agent must have a registered office within the state where service of process can reliably be accepted.
- Wait for Processing: Once the proper paperwork has been submitted and your fees paid, the Corporations Division generally takes one week to process a filing.
Missouri Foreign LLC Qualification Quick Facts
- Foreign Registration Form: Application for Registration of Foreign LLC
- Registering Agency: Missouri Corporations Division
- Fee: $105
- Processing Time: 30 days
- Expedite: No
- Online Filing: Yes
- Annual Report: No
How Current Does My Certificate of Existence Need to Be?
When you register a foreign LLC in Missouri, you must include a Certificate of Existence (also called a Certificate of Good Standing) with your Application. The Certificate of Existence can be no older than 60 days. The Certificate can be obtained through your home state’s Secretary of State office.
Can I List a Post Office Box for My Missouri Registered Agent Address?
No. A physical street address is required. This address is called a registered office, and is where all legal notifications of due process against your company will be sent.
Do I Have to File an Initial Registration Report in Missouri?
LLCs in Missouri do not file Annual Registration Reports. There is no initial filing other than the Application for Registration.