Massachusetts Registered Agent
Massachusetts Registered Agent Service
A Massachusetts Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Massachusetts LLC or Massachusetts Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Massachusetts. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Massachusetts business will take them to your Massachusetts Registered Agents official office in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Massachusetts. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Massachusetts Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Massachusetts office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Massachusetts
- Instant Massachusetts Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your filing solutions portal. There you’ll find all Massachusetts Secretary of Commonwealth PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If filing with the Massachusetts SOC online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Massachusetts registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. And as you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Massachusetts registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you want less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of commercial clerk filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our registered agent service in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Massachusetts yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Massachusetts Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Massachusetts
- Hire a New Registered Agent: You must hire a registered agent to replace your current agent for a change Massachusetts registered agent filing. To make the filing, you will need your new agent’s name and registered office address.
- File a Statement of Change: To change your registered agent, you file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent/Registered Office with the Secretary of the Commonwealth. There is a $25 filing fee if you mail the form, but online filings can be made for free.
- Wait for Processing: Typical processing for mailed documents is three to five days. Faxed documents will be processed in one to three days. Online filings are processed immediately.
|The Form (Corporation)||Statement of Change of Registered Agent/Registered Office|
|The Form (LLC)||Statement of Change of Resident Agent/Resident Office|
|Filing Fee||$25 mail (no fee online)|
|Processing Time||3 to 5 Days (immediate online)|
Can I Change My Registered Agent Online?
Yes. In fact, it is faster and cheaper to change agents online. There is no filing fee for online filings, and the Statement of Change is processed immediately.
Does My Registered Agent Have to Consent to Appointment?
Yes. The Commonwealth requires that a Massachusetts registered agent consent to their designation. You cannot appoint an agent without their knowledge and permission.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Massachusetts Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Massachusetts shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Massachusetts super easy with our Massachusetts Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Massachusetts LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Massachusetts LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Massachusetts and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Massachusetts Registered Agent FAQ
As your Massachusetts registered agent, we:
- Maintain a registered office (physical address, not a PO box) within the state
- Keep regular business hours throughout the year
- Accept service of process and legal correspondence on behalf of your business
- Notify you when we accept documents on behalf of your business
- Upload documents to your digital account for viewing
The main function of a registered agent is to ensure that your business is notified whenever service of process or official business mail is delivered and help your company maintain good standing with the Commonwealth.
Yes. The Massachusetts General Laws require all business entities to continuously maintain a registered agent within the state.
You must designate a Massachusetts registered agent when you form a domestic entity (LLC, corporation, etc.) and when you register an out-of-state company. You make the appointment on the following forms:
- Massachusetts LLC: Certificate of Organization
- Massachusetts Corporation: Articles of Organization
- Foreign Businesses: Certificate/Application for Registration
State law allows for the following to act as a Massachusetts registered agent:
- An individual resident of the state
- A domestic corporation or non-profit corporation
- A foreign corporation or foreign non-profit corporation registered to do business in the Commonwealth
Yes, you can act as your own Massachusetts registered agent. However, you must maintain all of the legal requirements, including having a registered office (a physical location, not a PO box) and keeping regular business hours.
Many business owners find it difficult to comply with the law, especially for primarily online businesses. Others find it inconvenient for service of process (notice of a lawsuit) to be delivered in front of their customers.
Failure to maintain a registered agent will result in your company being administratively dissolved by the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
If your Massachusetts registered agent resigns, state law allows you 31 days in which to appoint a new registered agent. After 31 days, your company will be in violation of the law, and your business can be dissolved by the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
Section 5.01. REGISTERED OFFICE AND REGISTERED AGENT
Each corporation shall continuously maintain in the commonwealth:
(1) a registered office that may, but need not be, the same as any of its places of business; and
(2) a registered agent who may be any of the following individuals or entities whose business office is also the registered office of the corporation:
(i) an individual, including the secretary or another officer of the corporation;
(ii) a domestic corporation or not-for-profit domestic corporation; or
(iii) a foreign corporation or not-for-profit foreign corporation qualified to do business in this commonwealth.
Secretary of the Commonwealth
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108-1512