Iowa Registered Agent
Iowa Registered Agent Service
A Iowa Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Iowa LLC or Iowa Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Iowa. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Iowa business will take them to your Iowa Registered Agents official office in Iowa.
Iowa Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Iowa. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Iowa Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Iowa office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Iowa
- Instant Iowa Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all the Iowa Secretary of State PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings on your own directly with the state. If you are filing with the Iowa SOS online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Iowa registered agent, you can choose how often you want to pay. As you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:Registered Agent Packages
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Iowa registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail processing or forwarding. You can pay for many years up front if you desire more minimal invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of registered agent filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our services in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you receive the same professional commercial grade tools that specialized corporate lawyers use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Iowa yourself. Our goal is to make corporate filings easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information a single time in your Filing Solutions Portal and then generate any corporate filing you need: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates, and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Iowa Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Iowa
- To change Iowa registered agent service, you file a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent. This form is submitted to the Secretary of State. It must be signed by your new registered agent and mailed, delivered or faxed to the SOS. There is no filing fee for corporations or LLCs.
- Await processing. Most filings are processed between one to three days.
Can I Submit the Statement of Change Online?
No, not in Iowa. Your new Iowa registered agent is required to sign the Statement of Change form, so you must submit a paper document to the Secretary of State.
Is There Any Other Way to Change My Registered Agent?
In Iowa, you can also change your registered agent by making an amendment to your Articles of Incorporation/Organization. An amendment must be submitted to the Secretary of State.
There is a $50 filing fee for amendments.
It is also possible to change your registered agent when submitting your Biennial Report. Biennial Reports are due every two years on April 1. There is a $45 filing fee ($30 if filed online).
Why You Should Change Your Registered Agent to Us:
- Simple Compliance: All of your compliance requirements are tracked by our sophisticated monitoring system. You never miss a compliance deadline.
- Efficient Delivery: Your documents are uploaded into your online account immediately, allowing you access to your service of process and filings instantly.
- Secure Data: Our data network is designed with your security in mind. Your private information is safe with us.
Who Can Sign the Statement of Change to Change Iowa Registered Agent?
For LLCs, any authorized person can sign the form.
For corporations, a chairperson of the board of directors, the president, or another officer of the corporation must sign the form.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Iowa Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Iowa shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Iowa super easy with our Iowa Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Iowa LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Iowa LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Iowa and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Iowa Registered Agent FAQ
An Iowa registered agent is required by the Iowa Code when a domestic Iowa LLC or corporation is formed or a foreign entity registers to do business in the State. Iowa Code § 490.501 states that all entities must continuously maintain both a registered office and agent.
The purpose of an Iowa registered agent is to provide a reliable contact point for the delivery of service of process. Many businesses do not have a physical location, and other companies have locations that are simply difficult to find. To guarantee that businesses can be properly informed about lawsuits pending against the company, the state demands that a registered agent with a physical street location in the state be designated.
According to the Iowa Code, an Iowa registered agent (or statutory agent) is designated on your formation document when you start a business in Iowa. The Secretary of State will not approve your formation without the appointment of a registered agent.
Appointment is done on the following documents:
- Iowa LLC: Certificate of Formation
- Iowa Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
- Foreign LLCs Qualifying in Iowa: Application for Certificate of Authority
- Foreign Corporations Registering in Iowa: Application for Certificate of Authority
An Iowa registered agent must be either:
- A resident of the state of Iowa
- A domestic or foreign corporation authorized to transact business in Iowa
You cannot appoint an LLC as your Iowa registered agent.
All registered agents must maintain a physical office location in the state, called a registered office, and keep regular business hours throughout the year.
An Iowa registered agent is bound by the laws of the state. Every registered agent must maintain a registered office, which is a physical street address within the state. This cannot be a PO box. The registered office must maintain regular business hours. Service of process and other important business mail must be accepted at this office on behalf of clients. When documents are accepted, clients must be contacted and documents must be forwarded in a timely manner.
No. An LLC cannot serve as a registered agent in Iowa.
No. We receive service of process, legal notices, and official business mail from the Iowa Secretary of State. As your agent, we do not receive or process any other mail. We are not a mail forwarding service or a mail drop off point.
Business correspondence (such as billing statements, customer inquiries, etc.) should be directed to your principal office or your company’s post office box.
To change your Iowa registered agent service, you have three options:
- File a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent Form
- Make the change on your Biennial Report
- File an Amendment to your formation/registration document
A Statement of Change must be filed in paper form. It cannot be submitted online. Your new agent must sign the form.
An Amendment can be filed with the Secretary of State, but the filing fee ($50) is higher than the fee to file a Statement of Change (free to file).
Biennial Reports must be filed every two years. If the change falls within your reporting window, you can make the change then. There is no additional fee. Biennial Reports cost $45 to file by paper, $30 to file online.
IA Code § 490.501: Registered Office and Registered Agent:
Each corporation must continuously maintain in this state both of the following:
- A registered office that may be the same as any of its places of business
- A registered agent, who may be any of the following:
- An individual who resides in this state and whose business office is identical with the registered office
- A domestic corporation or not-for-profit domestic corporation whose business office is identical with the registered office
- A foreign corporation or not-for-profit foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state whose business office is identical with the registered office
Iowa Secretary of State
Business Services Division
Lucas Building, 1st Floor
312 E. 12th St.
Des Moines, Iowa 50319