Illinois Registered Agent
Illinois Registered Agent Service
A Illinois Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Illinois LLC or Illinois Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Illinois. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Illinois business will take them to your Illinois Registered Agents official office in Illinois.
Illinois Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Illinois. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Illinois Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Illinois office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Illinois
- Instant Illinois Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to our Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all the Illinois Secretary of State business forms ready to use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step guides for completing filings yourself directly with the state. If you are filing online with Illinois CyberDrive, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Illinois registered agent, you can select how often you pay. And as you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
Registered Agent Packages
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
|Get a Registered Agent|
- Instant Documents
We scan all you service of process and legal correspondence that we accept at our Illinois registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We charge no additional fees for mail forwarding, document processing, etc. You can pay for as many years up front as you want, minimizing invoicing as much as possible.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of registered agent filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our services anywhere in the US. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate compliance. As a direct consumer, you benefit from the same professional grade tools that specialized corporate lawyers use.
- Ongoing Support
We send you reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain company registration in Illinois yourself. Our goal is to make corporate filings easy by providing you help along the way. If at any point, however, you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge only a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any corporate filing in the Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You enter your corporate information once in the Filing Solutions Portal and then you can automatically generate any corporate filing you need: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates, and more. We provide instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to finish.
Change Illinois Registered Agent
Steps to Change Illinois Registered Agent Service:
- File a Statement of Change To change your registered agent, file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office with the Illinois Department of Business Services.
- Pay the Filing Fee There is a $25 filing fee. The fee can be paid by check or with a major credit card. If filing online, the fee is $75 (includes a $50 expedited service fee).
- Wait for Filing to Be Processed Business filings are generally processed within two to three weeks. Online filings are processed within 24 hours.
|The Form||Statement of Change|
|The Agency||Secretary of State Dept of Business Services|
|Online Filing Fee||$75 ($50 expedited fee included)|
|Processing Time||2 to 3 Weeks (24-Hour Online)|
Advantages of Hiring Corporate Filing Solutions with Filings Made Easy™
Corporate Filing Solutions is the premier agent service in the nation. We offer systematic document delivery. All of your documents that enter our local Illinois office are automatically scanned into your online account, and our notification system immediately contacts you to let you know your documents are available for viewing. We have simplified compliance by creating a sophisticated digital system that monitors all of your legal compliance requirements and updates you throughout the year in advance of all deadlines. Our network is fully secure. We have designed a data network entirely around the idea of maintaining the integrity of your information.
Are There Any Penalties for Not Having an Agent in Illinois?
If you fail to appoint an agent, or if your agent resigns and you fail to hire a new one within 60 days, a $300 penalty will be assessed by the Secretary of State. Further penalties may occur if an agent is not designated.
Am I Legally Required to Designate a Registered Agent?
Yes. The Illinois Limited Liability Company Act designates in statute 805 ILCS 180/1-35 that all LLCs must appoint and continually maintain an Illinois registered agent.
Can You Change Illinois Registered Agent Online?
Yes. The Illinois Secretary of State operates CyberDriveIllinois, an online filing portal. You can file the Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office online and pay the filing fee. Because online filings are automatically expedited to 24-hour processing, there is an additional $50 expedited service fee for online filings.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Illinois Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Illinois shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Illinois super easy with our Illinois Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Illinois LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Illinois LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Illinois and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Illinois Registered Agent FAQ
When you hire an Illinois registered agent, they are designated to perform specific tasks on behalf of your business:
- Accept service of process (notice of a lawsuit) and legal correspondence
- Contact you when documents are accepted on behalf of your business
- Forward all documents to you in a timely manner
In addition to these particular functions, an Illinois registered agent service should provide you with annual report reminders, state compliance updates, and state tax notices.
An Illinois registered agent is designated when your form a business entity in Illinois or when you register a foreign (out-of-state) business in the state. This is done on the following documents:
- Illinois LLC: Articles of Organization
- Illinois Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
- Foreign LLC Registering in Illinois: Application for Admission to Transact Business
- Foreign Corporation Registering in Illinois: Application for Authority to Transact Business
In accordance with the Illinois Business Corporation Act of 1983, an Illinois registered agent must be either an individual resident of the State, or a domestic/foreign business entity authorized to transact business in Illinois. In either case, the agent must have a registered office (physical street address, not a PO box) within the State. An agent must accept service of process and certified business mail on behalf of clients, and all documents must be forwarded to clients in a timely manner.
Yes, you may designate yourself as your registered agent in Illinois. However, you must comply with state law and maintain a physical office address within the state, keep regular business hours (no vacations or extended holidays), and accept service of process for your business.
According to the Illinois Business Corporation Act of 1983, a registered agent may be:
- An individual resident of the state whose business office is identical with the registered office
- A domestic or foreign corporation, LLC, LP or LLP authorized to transact business in the state that is authorized by its Statement of Purpose to act as such agent
You can change an Illinois registered agent by filing a Statement of Change of Registered Agent with the Department of Business Services. There is a $25 filing fee. Online filings are charged $75 (includes a $50 expedite fee). The filing is processed within two to three weeks, with online filings processed in 24 hours.
If your registered agent resigns, you have 30 days in which to hire a new agent. State law requires your current agent to give you notice of the resignation at least 10 days before filing the resignation with the Secretary of State. If you do not appoint a new Illinois registered agent within the 30 day window, you can be penalized by the state.
(805 ILCS 5/5.05) (from Ch. 32, par. 5.05)
Sec. 5.05. Registered office and registered agent. Each domestic corporation and each foreign corporation having authority to transact business in this State shall have and continuously maintain in this State:
- (a) A registered office which may be, but need not be, the same as its place of business in this State.
- (b) A registered agent, which agent may be either an individual, resident in this State, whose business office is identical with such registered office, or a domestic or foreign corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, or limited liability partnership authorized to transact business in this State that is authorized by its statement of purpose to act as such agent, having a business office identical with such registered office.
Illinois Secretary of State
501 S. Second St., Rm. 350
Springfield, IL 62756