Connecticut Registered Agent
Connecticut Registered Agent Service
A Connecticut Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Connecticut LLC or Connecticut Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the Registered Agents office address in Connecticut. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Connecticut business will take them to your Connecticut Registered Agents official office in Connecticut.
Connecticut Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Connecticut. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Connecticut Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Connecticut office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name. Making corporate filings easy isn’t just our wheelhouse, it’s literally our domain.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Connecticut
- Instant Connecticut Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all the Connecticut Secretary of State PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our Registered gent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the SOS. There are no paper filings in Connecticut, and we provide you with prompts to help you file online with the Connecticut Secretary of State.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Connecticut Registered Agent, you choose how often you want to pay. As you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
|Registered Agent Packages|
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
|Get a Registered Agent|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that arrive at our Connecticut registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding or processing. You can pay for many years upfront if you desire less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of Registered Agent filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our services anywhere in the US. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms utilize.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Connecticut yourself. Our goal is to make corporate filing easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal, and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information a single time in your Filing Solutions Portal and then generate any corporate filing you need: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates, and much more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to complete and submit.
Change Connecticut Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Connecticut
In adherence to the Connecticut Business Corporations Act Chpt 601, Section 33-661, to change your Registered Agent you must file a Change of Agent form with the Connecticut Secretary of State. There is a $50 filing fee.
You can mail the filing, hand-deliver, or fax it. A faxed filing requires a separate fax cover sheet. Expedite filing is available for an additional $50. Expedite filing also requires a separate expedite cover sheet.
|Form to File||Change of Agent|
|Agency||Connecticut Secretary of State|
|Fax File||Yes (Fax Cover Sheet)|
|Expedite||Yes (Expedite Service Request)|
Our Service: Simple and Easy
Corporate Filing Solutions is the premier nationwide business service provider. We have local offices in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia. We provide sophisticated compliance monitoring and deadline tracking to keep you in good standing no matter where you are located.
We will be the point of contact between you and the Connecticut Secretary of State. We will keep you notified about not only service of process, but upcoming tax deadlines and annual/biennial reports. You will never have to worry about missing an important deadline.
Change Your Registered Agent: The FME Advantage
- Total Compliance Monitoring. To keep you in good standing, we track your compliance requirements, annual reports, and tax notifications and keep you continually up to date.
- Document Storage and Delivery. All of your documents are uploaded into a secure online account where you can access them anytime you need to. You have access to your documents immediately after they enter our office.
- Secure Data Network. Our national data network is monitored continually by expert data security specialists. Your data is safe with us.
How Fast is Expedited Filing?
You can request an expedite service on your filing by including an Expedite Service Request cover sheet with your document. This will ensure your filing is processed within 24 hours of the Secretary of State receiving the document. There is a $50 filing fee for each transaction, in addition to the original filing fee.
For fastest service, you would want to fax the document to the Secretary of State. You can use the fax cover sheet and select expedite filing on that form.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Connecticut Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Connecticut shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Connecticut super easy with our Connecticut Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Connecticut LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of Registered Agent service and ensure your Connecticut LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Connecticut and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Connecticut Registered Agent FAQ
When you appoint a Connecticut registered agent, they are empowered to perform the following tasks on behalf of your Connecticut company:
- Accept service of process (notice of a lawsuit) and legal correspondence
- Contact you when documents are accepted on behalf of your business
- Forward documents to you in a timely manner
In addition to these statutory functions, your Connecticut registered agent service should also provide you with annual report reminders, state compliance updates, and state tax notices.
First, you will need to hire a Connecticut registered agent. Once the agent is hired, you will appoint them on one of the following formation documents:
- Connecticut Limited Liability Company: Articles of Organization
- Connecticut Corporation: Certificate of Incorporation
- Foreign LLCs Registering in Connecticut: Application for Registration
- Foreign Corporations Registering in Connecticut: Application for Certificate of Authority
A Connecticut registered agent must be one of the following:
- A natural person who is a resident of the state of Connecticut
- A domestic corporation
- A foreign corporation with a Certificate of Authority to transact business in Connecticut
- A domestic LLC
- A foreign LLC with a Certificate of Registration to transact business in Connecticut
- A domestic limited liability partnership
- A foreign limited liability partnership with a Certificate of Authority to transact business in Connecticut
- A domestic statutory trust
- A foreign statutory trust with a Certificate of Registration to transact business in Connecticut
Only a foreign corporation can appoint the Secretary of State as its registered agent.
No. A Connecticut corporation or Connecticut LLC cannot act as its own registered agent. It must appoint either an individual resident of the state or another approved business entity.
Yes. In Connecticut, your registered agent is required to sign your formation document as proof of consent. If the agent does not sign, your formation document will not be accepted.
You can change a Connecticut registered agent by filing a Change of Agent form with the Secretary of State’s office and paying the $50 filing fee. If you hire CFS, we can handle this filing for you.
Sec. 33-660: Registered Office and Registered Agent:
- (a) Each corporation that is required to file an annual report as provided in section 33-953 shall continuously maintain in this state:
- (1) A registered office that may be the same as any of its places of business; and
- (2) a registered agent at such registered office, who may be:
- (A) A natural person who is a resident of this state;
- (B) a domestic corporation;
- (C) a foreign corporation which has procured a certificate of authority to transact business or conduct its affairs in this state;
- (D) a domestic limited liability company;
- (E) a limited liability company not organized under the laws of this state and which has procured a certificate of registration to transact business or conduct its affairs in this state;
- (F) a domestic registered limited liability partnership;
- (G) a registered limited liability partnership not organized under the laws of this state and which has procured a certificate of authority to transact business or conduct its affairs in this state;
- (H) a domestic statutory trust; or
- (I) a statutory trust not organized under the laws of this state and which has procured a certificate of registration to transact business or conduct its affairs in this state.
- The appointment of such registered agent shall be in writing and shall be signed by the registered agent therein appointed. If a natural person is appointed as the registered agent, such appointment shall include the residence address of such person.
Connecticut Secretary of State
Commercial Recording Division
PO Box 150470
Hartford, CT 06115-0470