How Registered Agent Service Works in Idaho
- You start an Idaho company by filing formation documents with the Idaho Secretary of State.
- On your formation document, you must appoint an Idaho registered agent. A registered agent is assigned to accept service of process on behalf of your company.
- The Secretary of State will publicly list the name and address of your registered agent.
- When litigation is brought against your company, a process server will need to deliver a notice to your business, called a service of process. The process server will look up the address of your registered agent, and deliver the notice to them.
- Your registered agent accepts the service of process on your behalf, which is legal acknowledgment that you have been notified.
- Your agent contacts you, informing you of the service of process, and then forwards the document to you in a timely manner.
Legal Requirements for Idaho Registered Agents
The Idaho Uniform Business Organizations Code (Part 4, 30-21-413) outlines the legal duties of a registered agent:
- To forward to clients any service of process, notice or demand pertaining to the clients that is served or received by the agent
- To provide official notices, such as annual report reminders, to clients when they are received by the agent
In order to meet these duties, a registered agent must have and maintain a registered office (a physical street location within the state, not a PO box). The registered office must be kept open during regular business hours year round. All documents must be forwarded to clients in a timely manner.
If you are unhappy with your current agent, you can see our page How to Change Your Registered Agent in Idaho.
You Will Need a Registered Agent When:
- You form an Idaho LLC
- You incorporate in Idaho
- You register a foreign LLC in Idaho
- You qualify a foreign corporation in Idaho
Why Hire a Professional Registered Agent Service?
Maintain Your Company Documents: Filings Made Easy organizes all of your business filings, service of process and official notifications in one easy-to-use online system.
Reputation Protection: Service of process comes to our registered office instead of your business, so that litigation is never served in front of your customers.
Enhanced Privacy: As your registered agent, we can use our address on different business filings, thereby keeping your private information out of the public record.
Compliance Monitoring: Our sophisticated software tracks all of your compliance requirements throughout the year, ensuring that you never miss a deadline.
|Annual Report Due||Anniversary Month|
|Annual Report Fee||None|
|State Corporate Tax||7.6%|
|State Income Tax||1.6% to 7.8%|
|State Sales Tax||6%|