Montana Registered Agent
Montana Registered Agent Service
A Montana Registered Agent will be the communication contact between the government and your Montana LLC or Montana Corporation. What this means is the state will send a renewal notice or compliance notice to the registered agents office address in Montana. A process server trying to deliver court paperwork to your Montana business will take them to your Montana Registered Agents official office in Montana.
Montana Registered Agent service is needed by all those who want to file a new LLC or Corporation in Montana. We understand every client may be different, so we try hard not to cram you into our box. You tell us how to customize your Montana Registered Agent service experience, and the odds are your filing solutions portal already has the ability to do just what you’ve dreamed of:
- Want us to notify your lawyer whenever we accept service of process?
- Want us to notify a business partner or spouse?
- How often do you want annual report notifications?
- What kind of compliance update method do you prefer?
- Want to list our registered office address on your state business filings?
- Want to receive mail at our office?
A Real Solution
At our Corporate Filing Solutions Montana office, our goal is to provide you a solution, not an invoice. It’s not really just our goal though, it’s our bloodline… Solutions is our last name.
Why Corporate Filing Solutions for Registered Agent in Montana
- Instant Montana Registered Agent Service
Sign up online and get instant access to your Filing Solutions Portal. There you’ll find all Montana Secretary of State PDF forms ready for use, pre-filled with our registered agent information, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to complete filings yourself directly with the state. If filing with the MO SOS online, we prompt you through the online filing process as well.
- You Choose Payment Frequency
When you hire us as your Montana registered agent, you choose how often you want to pay. And as you can see below, we charge less if you pay for more years of service in advance. Take a look:
|1 Year||$95 Per Year||$95 Total|
|2 Years||$85 Per Year||$170 Total|
|3 Years||$75 Per Year||$225 Total|
|4 Years||$65 Per Year||$260 Total|
|5 Years||$55 Per Year||$275 Total|
- Instant Documents
We scan all your service of process and legal documents that we receive at our Montana registered office to you the same day.
- No Additional Fees
The price listed as your annual service fee is what you pay. We have no additional fees for mail forwarding and processing. You can pay for many years up front if you want less invoicing.
- Consolidation Made Simple
We always file your change of commercial clerk filing for free and cover the state fees, but you can use our registered agent service in any US state. Our service gets better and easier the more corporate entities and state registrations you have. This is where our professional grade Filing Solutions Portal really shines.
- We’re a Boutique Law Firm Service Provider
We service corporate lawyers specializing in mergers, acquisitions and corporate maintenance. As a direct consumer, you get the same professional grade tools that corporate law firms use.
- Ongoing Support
We send reminders specific to your corporate entity to help you maintain your company registration in Montana yourself. Our goal is to make corporate forms easy by providing help along the way, but if at any point you just don’t want to deal with it, we charge a minimal fee to pick up where you left off. We file with the state, scan the filed copy into your portal and return it to you in an expedited time frame. It’s what we do. You can add any kind of corporate filing in your Filing Solutions Portal.
- Powerful Corporate Filings Portal
You can enter your corporate information one time with our Filing Solutions Portal. You can then generate any corporate filing you may need to do: formations, registrations, annual reports, meeting minutes, operating agreements, stock certificates and more. We include instant steps and tools to do corporate filings yourself, or you can easily hand them off to us to deal with the logistics of getting your filings across the finish line.
Change Montana Registered Agent
Steps to Change Your Registered Agent in Montana
- Appoint a New Montana Registered Agent. Your first step is determining your new Montana registered agent service provider. Once you have hired or designated a new Montana registered agent, you are ready to file your registered agent change for Montana.
- File a Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Entity. File a Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Entity with the Secretary of State in Montana. There is not a filing fee for submitting this document to change Montana registered agents. You must list both your old registered agent and your new registered agent.A Montana registered agent cannot be designated without their consent. Appointing an agent without the agent’s knowledge is a violation of Montana law and you will be penalized.
- Await Processing. Business documents in Montana are generally processed in 10 business days. You can expedite the filing by selecting an expedite option on the form and paying the additional fee ($20 for 24 Hour; $100 for 1 Hour). This can come in handy when you need to change registered agents immediately.
|Document to File||Statement of Change of Registered Agent|
|Change on Annual Report||Yes|
Can I Change My Montana Registered Agent on My Annual Report?
Yes. A Montana registered agent can be changed when filing your Annual Report. There is no additional fee to make the change on an Annual Report.
If My Montana Registered Agent Resigns, How Long Do I Have to Hire a New One?
You have 31 days after your agent has filed a Statement of Resignation with the Secretary of State. If you fail to appoint a new Montana registered agent within 31 days, your company will be in violation of State law and subject to penalties and possible adminitrative dissolution.
Why Hire Corporate Filing Solutions for Montana Registered Agent Service?
Starting your LLC or Corporation in Montana shouldn’t be a hassle or a time consumer. That’s why we offer Filings Made Easy™ to make starting a Limited Liability Company or Corporation in Montana super easy with our Montana Registered Agent service.
Hire us and relax while our filing experts form your new Montana LLC or INC. Our staff will process orders the same business day as they are received. To make things even easier, we bundle the first year of registered agent service and ensure your Montana LLC or Corp comes fully equipped and ready to do its job.
Start your LLC Or Corporation in Montana and get Registered Agent service for as low as $55.
Montana Registered Agent FAQ
As your Montana registered agent, it is our duty to accept legal correspondence, such as service of process, on behalf of your business. When a business entity is sued, a notice (called a service of process) is issued by the court and sent to the company’s registered agent. We accept these documents and other official notifications, upload them to your digital account for immediate viewing, and contact you the same day.
Our Montana registered agent service helps ensure that your business remains in good standing with the Secretary of State.
Yes. The Montana Code Annotated requires that all business entities appoint a Montana registered agent in order to form or register a business within the state. Entities must maintain a registered agent throughout the life of their company.
A Montana registered agent is designated when you form a domestic Montana business or register an out-of-state company to do business in Montana. Formation and registration is done with the Secretary of State on the following forms:
- Montana Corporation: Articles of Incorporation
- Montana LLC: Articles of Organization
- Foreign Businesses: Application for Certificate of Authority
Failure to continuously maintain a registered agent in Montana is a violation of state law. Your company can be administratively dissolved by the Secretary of State for a lack of compliance.
Yes, you may act as your own Montana registered agent, but only if you fulfill all of the requirements laid out by state law:
- Be a resident of the state
- Maintain a registered office (physical street location, not a PO box) in Montana
- Maintain a mailing address within the state
- Keep regular business hours
- Accept service of process upon delivery
Many business owners struggle with these requirements, especially if they are primarily online businesses or merely holding companies. It should be noted that entrepreneurs working from home would be forced to list their home address on public documents, putting their private information into the public record.
A commercial registered agent is an individual or business that has registered with the Secretary of State to provide registered agent services. Commercial registered agents are generally companies that offer registered agent service as a primary part of their business.
A non-commercial agent, by contrast, might be a Montana law firm, which does not provide registered agent service as the main component of its business.
CFS is a commercial registered agent in Montana.
If your Montana registered agent resigns, you have 31 days in which to designate a new agent. After 31 days, your company is in violation of state law and can be administratively dissolved by the Secretary of State.
Montana Secretary of State
PO Box 202801
Helena, MT 59620-2801