Change Washington DC Registered Agent

Change Washington DC Registered Agent

Steps to Change Washington DC Registered Agent:

  1. In accordance with the Code of the District of Columbia § 29-104.07, to change Washington DC Registered Agent, you must file a Statement of Change with the Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs Corporations Division.
  2. Pay the $50 filing fee.
  3. Await processing. Mailed documents are generally processed in three to four weeks. You can expedite the filing for $100 and receive two day processing. You can also file this document online through the Corporations Division CorpOnline Web Portal.
Form to File Statement of Change
Filing Fee $50
Filing Agency Dept of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs Corporations Division
Online Filing Yes
Processing Time 3 to 4 Weeks (by mail)
Expedite Yes ($100 for 2 day processing)

The Filings Made Easy Promise

Why hire Filings Made Easy? Because we are the premier registered agent service and business incorporation company in the nation. We utilize local offices in every state and the District of Columbia. Our data network infrastructure allows us to scan and upload all of your business documents the day they arrive in our office and have them to you as soon as possible.

Filings Made Easy will be the main point of contact between you and the Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs Corporations Division. We will receive biennial report notifications and tax notices, and we will keep you regularly informed about all upcoming compliance deadlines.

We look forward to working with you to make your business a success.

If My Registered Agent Resigns, How Long Do I Have to Appoint a New One?

When your DC registered agent resigns, you have 31 days to designate a new registered agent. After that, you will be in violation of the law.

Should I Hire a Commercial Registered Agent or a Non-Commercial Registered Agent?

A commercial registered agent in DC is an agent that has registered with the Mayor and paid the filing fee to be officially listed. There is no difference, however, in the main service that must be provided by a registered agent. In either case, your agent will accept service of process and other business documents and forward them to you in a timely manner.

Can I Change Washington DC Registered Agent Service Online?

Yes. You can create an account and file documents through the Corporations Division’s CorpOnline Web Portal.