How Arkansas Registered Agent Service Works
- Form a Company.To form a business entity in Arkansas, you must file formation documents with the Arkansas Secretary of State.
- Appoint a Registered Agent.On your formation document, you are required to appoint an Arkansas registered agent. A registered agent accepts service of process (notice of a lawsuit) on behalf of clients, as well as other business mail.
- Public Listing.Your Arkansas registered agent is listed with the Secretary of State. Should your company become party to a lawsuit, a process server will look up your registered agent and deliver notice of the lawsuit to your agent.
- Forward and Contact.Your registered agent accepts service of process on your behalf and contacts you in a timely manner to let you know documents have been received. Service of process and any other official business documents are forwarded to you as soon as possible.
You Need an Arkansas Registered Agent Service If:
- You are forming a domestic Arkansas corporation or Arkansas LLC
- You are registering a foreign (out-of-state) corporation or foreign LLC in Arkansas
Filings Made Easy is the premier provider of registered agent services in the country. We operate offices in every state and Washington DC.
According to Arkansas state law A.C.A. § 4-26-1107, any business entity failing to appoint and maintain a registered agent can be involuntarily dissolved by the Arkansas Secretary of State.
Arkansas Registered Agent Duties
- Maintain a physical street address within the state (known as a registered office)
- Stay open during regular business hours year round
- Accept and sign for service of process and business mail on behalf of clients
- Contact clients whenever documents arrive
- Forward all documents to clients in a timely manner
Why Hire a Professional Registered Agent Service?
Protect Your Privacy. An Arkansas registered agent can use their name and address on your business filings to keep your private information out of the public record.
Compliance Monitoring. Our tracking software manages all of your compliance deadlines so that your company never becomes noncompliant with the Arkansas Secretary of State.
Reputation Protection. Service of process comes to our registered office so that lawsuits are never served in front of your clients.
Reliable Document Maintenance. All of your business filings and service of process is stored in our secure online system where you can access it anytime, from anywhere.
Does My Registered Agent Have to Be a Lawyer or an Accountant?
No. While some businesses appoint their lawyer or accountant as their registered agent, this is certainly not a requirement. In fact, there are many professional registered agent companies with offices in Arkansas and all over the country.
We run a local Arkansas office where our business filing and compliance experts understand all the ins and outs of managing your business in Arkansas.